UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA FRITZ POLLARD ATHLETIC CENTER - PHASE I
GRAND FORKS, ND
To attract the best student-athletes, The University of North Dakota needed an updated indoor athletic training facility to accommodate student-athletes’ needs during both the regular season and the off-season. The new High Performance Center now serves as the year-round indoor training center for the UND Athletics program.
Phase I of the project included a full-sized football field, an eight-lane, 300 meter “Super X” Mondo track surface, and long-jump and triple-jump pits. The new facility is adjacent to the existing outdoor football field which allows the team to practice both indoors and outdoors. The flexibility of the facility also allows for intramurals and recreational use. The facility is primarily used by the University of North Dakota football team and track and field teams.
• Adjacent to existing outdoor football facility
• Flexibility allows for intramurals and recreational users
• 185,000 s.f.
• Full-sized football field with a breakout area
• 300M Mondo track with linemen practice area
• Long-jump/triple-jump pits