CULLEN HOCKEY CENTER
Moorhead Youth Hockey Association selected ICON to renovate the existing 61,350 s.f. youth hockey facility in Moorhead, Minnesota. The first phase of the project included the renovation of the existing two rinks, renovation of the Zamboni garage, and replacement of the roof of the 20-year old building. The ice power plant was also upgraded to support the third sheet of ice that will come in Phase II. Phase II included the addition of a third sheet of ice on the North side of the existing facility, the construction of a new entrance, and a lobby. The parking lot was also repaired with additional space and a façade facelift in Phase II.
The facility has been renamed to honor the Cullen family including Matt Cullen, an NHL player who graduated from Moorhead High School, his brother, and their father, Terry, a former varsity hockey coach at Moorhead.
• Renovation of existing two rinks
• Upgraded ice refrigeration plant to support three sheets of ice
• Renovation of lobby and spectator viewing
• Replacement of roof, vapor barriers, and insulation
• Addition of a third sheet of ice to North side of building
• New entrance, locker rooms, and secondary Zamboni garage
• Lobby with MYHA Hall of Fame wall
• Replacement of parking lot